I have FINALLY finished my Honey Butter quilt.
This is one of my favorite quilts I ever completed and I enjoyed making it very very much. It might look complicated, but it’s very easy once you break it up.
The quilt consists of two kinds of blocks: a large churn dash block and then a small one within a border. It was easy to break this one up into steps. Such as one day, I did all the large block HSTs, then the small block HSTs. I chain pieced all of it and put the blocks together at the end. Once the blocks were together, stitched them up was easy since it actually doesn’t use that many blocks.
This is a throw size quilt and measures 60×60 inches squared.
I used a brown medium dot on cream from Riley Blake for all the centers of the blocks and for the binding.
All the fabric came from strips from my stash. Half colorful, half low volume.
Here is an up close shot of one of the little blocks.
I quilted in a serpent meander stitch.
The backing is Tula Pink’s topiary in sprout.
I’ve listed this Honey Butter quilt ready to ship in my Etsy shop here. But if you prefer to customize the fabrics, I can make you one here.
If you’ve been following along with me on Instagram you’ve seen it coming together for awhile, but if you have not, then I invite you to follow me there. You can me @southerncharmquilts. I tend to post a lot more there as well since it’s so quick and easy.
I have also finished another irish chain quilt. See all my irish chains here.
This one is for a custom order. Another custom order where the customer told me the colors to use and then let me be free. I know I’ve said this a thousand times, but I really enjoy it that way, but it makes me nervous. What if she doesn’t like it?
I was told dusty blues, grays, creams and for it to be manly.
How do you think I did?
The binding which is my favorite binding I’ve ever done of all the bindings ever is a script print called Telegrammes Nuage from Frances Newcombe at Art Gallery Fabrics. I think it compliments the other fabrics well and I’ve been digging script and texty fabrics lately. You can also find that fabric here.
This quilt is a king size quilt that is enormous. I’ve got it folded in quarters just so I can take a picture of it.
I quilted this one differently than the other two I’ve made and I think I have finally figured out a good way to do it. I quilted only on the blank solid blocks of this quilt and left the 9-patches unquilted. I love this effect. Especially on the back of the quilt that makes a cool design.
I hope you’ve enjoyed have a look. Thanks for following along. I hope to finish the pattern for Honey Butter and have it in the pattern shop soon, but I’ll announce that soon.
Next quilt up: I’ll be finishing my Instamini quilt for the swap due out next month and then I’ll be working on a new design called Black Butterfly.