Washi Tape Quilt + New Quilt Labels + Order Progress

Like I said yesterday, I was starting the Washi Tape Quilt, inspired my new purchases of washi tape. Online there is a never ending smorgasbord of choices. Check out this store. I thought making a quilt in honor of it would be fun and original.

My first row of chevrons were easy. I’ve made this pattern countless times. I am drooling over all the aquas and teals. I can’t believe my stash held such beauties.

Just a simple 4 patch block. This was the easiest one I put in the quilt.

And then Voila! Yes, I got it all done yesterday. You can see that I made some tiny adjustments to it from yesterday’s drawing, but just small ones. I made some of the fabric strips have multiple strips, just to give it a little extra something (also because I didn’t have enough of certain fabrics I wanted to use).

The equilateral triangles almost had me cussing. Not sure how I aced geometry, I seriously should not have. I made them three different times before I got it right. The first time was just I didn’t realize how to sew them together and I did it wrong. So the next time I sewn it together right, but the row was too long. At this point I had to get my husband involved. Then the problem got solved.

The bottom rows is the string blocks. I think these are my ultimate FAVORITE quilt block. I adore them. This is only the second time I’ve made them, but I can’t stop looking at them. They are very involved blocks, and it took almost as much time as making the equilateral triangles, but I think they add something special to the quilt.

Hopefully, I’ll have this quilted and finished up by the end of the week.

Kinda sure I mentioned my new quilt labels. Can’t remember. This is them on the back of a rag quilt. I’ll show one on the back of a regular quilt soon.

ORDER PROGRESS

Melody L: your order was shipped out. Done.

Kasey C: I finished your quilt top.

Jamie M: I got your blocks ready to start piecing them.

Katy A: I remade your shams and shipped them out. Done.

Amber B: Your backing and batting was cut. It was pinned, quilted and then unpinned.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s