My moody quilt is done.
Here is the block.
So after a slew of happy cheerful quilts and several days of rain and storms, I decided to make a ‘moody’ quilt. I really wanted to not use color, and really dig into my gray stash, which turned out to be pretty extensive. Not sure how. I rarely wear gray, I don’t have any gray décor in my house, but my gray stash was piled up.
I knew I wanted an orange peel design.
My son actually helped me lay this quilt out. He said he didn’t like it as he chatted about other things and then he told me this quilt was hurting his eyes and then he got very surprised when he noticed that the little peels made two different design. He then decided he liked it and wanted it.
Unfortunately, I have something else in mind for his quilt, which is still on my ‘goals for the year’.
I couldn’t help but throw in another pic of roses.
I had a hard time deciding on the quilting, but went with orange peel quilting in the end. This is definitely the most difficult quilting I’ve done yet, but I was surprised that it really wasn’t that difficult. I need to try more new things instead of always being scared of them.
The back. Scrappy. Showing off that gray stash some more.
And some of the quilting on the back in a close up.
This is a throw size quilt, measuring approx.. 63×71 inches. I used Riley Blake’s gray solid and most of the peels are Riley Blake Willow collection. Also, most of the backing is Riley Blake as well except the florals and the trees. Not sure where they came from. The white backing is Riley Blake Clean White. The binding is called ‘faux bois’, but I don’t remember the designer.